Senior Information Security Officer (GRC)
Full Time / Permanent
£60,0000 - £70,000 + bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, generous pension + many more benefits
Hybrid / Oxfordshire (1 - 2 days a month on site minimum)
My client is an industry leading and award-winning financial services organisation who operate on a global scale. They are headquartered in Oxfordshire and have offices all over the UK as well as in Europe and the US. This is a hybrid role with the expectation to be on site in Oxfordshire a minimum of 1 - 2 days per month.
Role Purpose and Responsibilities:
- The purpose of the Senior Information Security Officer role is to keep colleagues, clients and partners safe from cyber threats; ensuring a pragmatic level of cyber security is delivered by balancing the need to protect the organisation with the need to do business.
- You will proactively protect the business from the most pressing cyber risks by actively innovating to educate colleagues at every opportunity - for example, through roadshows, face to face meetings, webinars, social media channels, e-learning, active involvement in team meetings, posters, intranet articles etc.
- You will also embed security capabilities within IT and the wider business, including 'shift left' of low value processes, and driving up awareness.
- You will be a trusted security partner for the business - within projects, BAU or in an advisory capacity and also scan for emerging threats assess the risk they pose, and ensure the risks are addressed.
- In addition, you will help develop meaningful KPI's and impactful reports for stakeholders.
- You will also liaise with internal and external audit functions, ensuring smooth surfacing of IT evidence, helping draft appropriate management responses, and helping ensure IT audit actions are closed off as required.
- Working closely with the Head of Information Security and other stakeholders, you must ensure cyber risks are understood, appropriate technologies and policies are deployed, and agreed levels of security are delivered.
- You will play a key role in shaping and driving forward the information security roadmap, ensuring alignment with wider IT and business strategies.
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience of working in a senior Information Security role with a focus on Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Solid understanding of technical architecture and security aspects of infrastructure, application, web, and cloud technologies.
- Experienced in working within developing digital ecosystems, with multiple partners and environments, ensuring suitable security is delivered.
- In depth understanding and proven experience of leading innovative security awareness campaigns to multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of leading the creation, ratification and implementation of suitable security policies and standards, and ensuring measurable compliance.
- Experience of both OSS and commercial security solutions (from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto technologies), and exploiting their security capabilities for business benefit.
- Vendor-agnostic technical knowledge around core security areas such as access control, networking and firewalling, malware, security in the cloud etc.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, regulatory compliance, such as GDPR and FCA obligations.
- Financial services experience is desirable but other sector experience will most definitely be considered.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.