Role: Systems Accountant
Salary & Package: £37k - £42k + Exceptional pension + Generous Annual Leave
Type: FTC till March 2024
Are you a Systems Accountant looking to get a MAJOR Oracle based Transformation project under your belt?
My client is embarking on a HUGE Oracle transformation project worth £7.5M, and they need a motivated and excited Systems Accountant to work alongside the technical oracle and Finance teams.
This is the perfect opportunity to cement yourself in the ever growing, competitive, Oracle market and open up a range of endless opportunities for your career.
To work with the Oracle Finance Team to play the role of a systems accountant working with the Finance Design and Implementation Lead, Accountancy and Payroll Design and implementation Managers. To be specifically responsible for the implementation of Oracle Cloud for the Finance Transactional, Procure to Pay, Payables and Assets, Receivable, Expense management.
- Ensure all actions and programmes are undertaken by the team and achieved by given deadline
- Understand all aspects of Financial Transactions and how they interact
- Work with SME's to understand the current processes, regulation, legislation and policy
- Where required, re-engineer processes to adapt to the new system and ensure improved efficiency
- Work with the Business Analysts to understand both current and future effort and productivity
- Work with the Finance Design and Implementation Lead, Exchequer Services, Business, Accountancy and Payroll Design, Procurement and SME's to produce business requirements and design specification
- Engage stakeholders across Finance, Facilities Management, Transport, suppliers, and customers to ensure oversight of the Programme and developments
- Communicate in line with the Programme communication strategy with support from the change team
- Escalate issues and risk to the Finance Strategic Lead and Programme team
To be successful for this role, you will need to have a mixture of the following skills & experience:
- Qualified Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (C.C.A.B.), CIPFA or CIMA accountant with full membership.
- In depth understanding and experience of Finance Transactional Procure to Pay processes
- Experience in Payables and Assets, Receivable, Expense management and the implementation of financial systems
- Experienced Systems Accounting roles and responsibilities
- Attitude of embracing change and able to translate that vision to the organisation to gain trust and buy in from the colleagues in the Finance Department
- Demonstrable Business acumen through understanding the organisation, commercial context, and the external environment
- Knowledge of developing strategy, Target Operating Models and Financial Service's transformation including organisational design principles
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving to review and refine existing accounting processes
- Good understanding of data governance/data quality concepts.
- Extremely generous annual leave allowance
- Exceptional Pension
This is an extremely exciting role within a prestigious organisation. If this is of interest to you, please do not hesitate to apply.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.