IT Support Engineer - HP, DELL, Windows
Akkodis are currently working in partnership with a leading service provider to recruit an experienced IT Support Engineer to be based on site (with some travel to satellite sites) with a prestigious client in Solihull.
Please note this role will be a client facing role based on site with some occasional travel to the client's satellite offices. On offer is a competitive salary and company car.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be required to carry out break/fix hardware requests and repair hardware faults on desktops, laptops and occasionally servers as well as printers. The successful candidate will have experience of HP and Dell equipment, prioritising calls, managing their daily workload to meet strict SLA's and working under pressure from time to time. You will also possess excellent customer facing skills and communication at all levels.
- Accurately complete approved work requests within the agreed SLA - target to consistently resolve 92%+ calls within published SLA KPI's, aiming for no more than 3 failed calls a month.
- HP and Dell, laptop, desktop and server hardware fault diagnosis and repair in line with the terms of a break fix contract.
- Manage warranty repair calls for HP and Dell equipment.
- The installation, configuration and on-going usability of desktop computers and peripheral equipment.
- Performs general preventative and remedial maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Some imaging of laptops and desktops.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and desktop/laptop hardware.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop and server environment.
- Escalate issues to the relevant person/team, when appropriate, in order to resolve issues within SLA.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- HP, HPE and Dell Service
- Knowledge and experience of desktop & laptop diagnostics and repair.
- Knowledge and experience of laser printer diagnostics and repair.
- 1st Line Server Hardware Support
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure solutions.
- SLA management.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading service support team and work onsite with a prestigious client please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.