Airborne Platform Integration Engineer is required for a contract assignment based in Stevenage. (Some remote working)
Candidates will need to have worked in the UK Defence environment within the last 12 months.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to lead the development of the crew training solution for Sea Venom onto the AW159 Wildcat platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the Sea Venom training and synthetic test equipment to the UK customer. The individual will work within the Air Platform Integration team within the Sea venom project and be responsible for the budget, technical delivery and schedule adherence for the Sea Venom Weapon System Training Model (embedded within the AW159 platform simulator for crew training) and the Sea Venom emulator product used to support the platform avionic software development.
The role will require regularly interfacing with the UK customer, Leonardo Helicopters and internal departments.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly motivated and dynamic team. Given the stage of the programme, the role provides the opportunity to see the Sea Venom product into service on AW159 Wildcat. The role high paced and provides plenty of variety day to day.
* An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent experience)
* Experience delivering medium size work packages from a technical perspective in order to supply the work package deliverables to schedule, budget and quality.
* Strong inter-personal skills in order to manage many partners, internal and external.
* Knowledge of air launched weapons or relevant transferable experience in a related domain (e.g. Naval/ Land weapon systems, military aircraft systems, defensive systems etc.)
* A sound understanding of Systems engineering principles such as Technical Requirement Specifications, flow down of requirements, system architecture.
* Ability to do the necessary trade-offs between modelling fidelity of the (complex) weapon-system and the need to simplify its representation to meet the training needs.
* Knowledge of platform integration standards such as MIL-STD-1760D and MIL-STD 1553B (Desirable)
* Flow of top level system requirements onto software teams (Desirable
* Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.