Bid Manager - (PWSS) Portfolio Weapon System Support required for multi national defence company based out of Stevenage or Bristol
Overview of department:
An opportunity to work with a highly professional team putting together a complex and challenging bid for the next phase of in service support of a portfolio of complex missile based systems operated by the UK Armed Forces.
This company is the prime contractor for this work and needs to agree with the customer, Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), the technical, commercial and financial basis of an innovative and value for money contract spanning a minimum of 5 years and up to 10 years in duration.
The missile and weapon systems involved include those currently used by the Royal Navy, the British Army and the Royal Air Force with, collectively, an estimated in-service support value of hundreds of £ millions.
The contribution of the Bid Manager will be particularly crucial during the early to middle stages of this RTC programme. The candidate must be prepared to be flexible in handling a range of assigned tasks, with the key responsibilities being:
* Working closely with the Win Team Leader (WTL) to help shape the bid strategy and its implementation plan
* Leading day to day management of bid delivery tasks and ensuring a coherent team effort and appropriate governance and status reporting of issues and progress
* In conjunction with the WTL and key members of the Bid Team, to help facilitate constructive and open dialogue with the customer; and to maintain an actionable log of customer feedback throughout the process
* To provide an ongoing objective assessment of the bid in its early stages and as it matures to help the team create a final bid that will be acceptable to both the customer and the company
* Proven experience in managing complex bids in large defence or aerospace organisations
* Knowledge of UK MOD approval processes and working with clients in DE&S
* Team player with excellent organisational & motivational skills in a multi-function environment
* Client facing credibility with excellent communication and relationship building skills
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.