A Cable / Harness Design Engineer is required for a long term assignment based in Stevenage.
Cable / Harness Design Engineer to work within a growing Interconnects team designing bespoke electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in our products.
To do this you will need to interpret sub-system requirements and, from these, generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions utilising Zuken E3.
The role also demands the candidate provide assistance, guidance, and issue resolution for E3 users and the ability to utilise & integrate Zuken E3 throughout the product development lifecycle.
What we're looking for from you:
Individuals will need to have demonstrable experience in cable/harness design, including:
* A minimum 2-5 years' experience in the use of E3.Cable and related products (E3.Formboard/ E3.3D Transformer beneficial).
* A proven ability to define, deploy, and refine processes and best practices within E3. - including; electrical topology, wiring schematics and 2D manufacturing drawing processes and standards.
* Proven ability to develop and deliver technical instruction to E3 users.
* Thorough understanding of product data management and change management within Windchill or similar.
* The ability to design cable assemblies based upon electrical constraints such as current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements.
* An appreciation of cable assembly production/process engineering.
* Experience of PTC CREO Cabling would be beneficial.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.