Information Systems Engineering Solution Integration Lead required for long term contract assignment based in Stevenage or Bristol or Bolton with c80% wfh available.
Information Management (IM), defines implements and adapts Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and Information Systems (IS) strategy to the needs of the business and users.
Within Information Management the Information Systems teams have responsibilities for supporting and deploying business applications, with IS Engineering supporting a key pillar of our business.
The IS Engineering Solutions team work as part of IS to support programmes and transformation activities.
The dedicated development team will be delivering a new project, an End to End Lab environment utilising Cloud technologies. The aim is to have a dynamically sized, easily duplicated environment with a copy of our production engineering toolset with representative data. This will meet key business needs: repeatable demonstrations; training environments; and trials of new processes and tools. The Information Systems Integration Lead will be responsible for the deployment of this new environment and management of the toolsets deployed.
New international solutions are proposed by the IS Solution Architect/Analysts and validated for local technical compliance and supportability by the Solution Integration Lead.
* Assist with the development and validation of solutions
* Kick-off the implementation phase of solutions
* Monitor emerging technologies/solutions as it might impact Engineering solutions
* Coordinate/monitor the integration, analysis and assessment of plans and strategies across multiple solution projects
* Ensure the solutions as deployed meet the organisational needs
* Assist in the creation of a feasible project
* Validate key technical solutions and assumptions
* Provide subject matter technical expertise for risks, issues and opportunities
* Ensuring the operational needs, supportability and security compliance needs are met
The role is primarily aligned with the needs of the MBDA Programmes as assigned and will have accountabilities and responsibilities in support those programme needs.
Responsible for system specification and technical delivery of future requirements including further integration with existing engineering applications ensuring solution maintainability and operability including meeting security constraints/needs.
* Essential - Infrastructure and operating standards such as SQL, DB2, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, WebSphere, Active Directory, Licensing, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Windows is essential
* Essential - Installing server based applications
* Advantageous - Deploying services within Azure
* Advantageous - The lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology, with a view on utilising automation
* Advantageous - UNIX and containerisation
* Advantageous - Application integration approaches, e.g. use of OLSC
Strong experience of the lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology.
Experience in Systems and Software engineering practices and standards. Able to review, redefine and reengineer processes.
Aware of SQL, DB2, ORACLE, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, WebSphere, Windows Servers, Unix and equivalents.
Excellent problem solving skills
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.