Integration and System Validation Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage.
Overview of department:
After completing the weapon development phase, SPEAR3 is now delivering the D Phase contract. With the award of the D Phase contract, the programme extends over 3 years and incorporates the integration and trials aimed at demonstrating the performance and robustness of the weapon system against the MoD customer requirements. In addition, the F35B integration programme will run in parallel, as will a complementary set of delta proving activities for gathering additional evidence to extend the Certificate of Design to second System variants. The alignment of these activities now requires an increase in the core SPEAR Trials Team capability for functional integration.
Reporting to the SPEAR Head of Functional Integration, this role will involve the planning and conduct of integration and compatibility proving activities to develop and prove SPEAR3 development trials missiles or launchers ahead of ultimately qualifying the operational missile and launcher for C of D. The role builds good interpersonal skills, interfacing with the different Project customers to plan and achieve the Compat sub-activities providing key design verification and evidence alongside the overall maturity steps for the GF and qualification campaigns. Responsibilities include:
* Generation of test requirements involving collaboration with the systems and design teams to ensure comprehensive system level test coverage
* Generation of the test instructions, test reports and supporting safety documentation / processes
* Integration of missile and launcher subsystems (hardware & software) for all variants and weapon system integration in trials and operational configurations.
* Conduct proving test activities, to demonstrate system design and robustness
* Support integration of associated test equipment for use across trials activities
* Coordination between various teams to diagnose problems and determine design solutions
* Provide support to the project team, aiding investigations and analysis of data as required
This role is central to the ISV capability, involving working closely with the ground and flight trials teams as well as the aircraft integration, equipment, software and Systems teams to provide a depth of missile or launcher functional understanding that enables design issues to be identified and resolved rapidly and trials delivery to be achieved to programme
* Practical Experience of hardware/software integration and test activities.
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with other engineering teams - particularly Systems Design and Equipment Design teams.
* Electrical / electronics background / understanding.
* Logical approach to problem solving.
* Understanding of trials / test processes and procedures or standard principles for definition, management and reporting of trials test methods and certification.
* Experience of writing trials documentation and of working in DOORS.
* Ability to understand technical interface documentation and test methodologies i.e. 1553.
* Practical experience using general commercial Lab test equipment
* Experience/knowledge of data analysis tools/methods.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.