Role: Lead Electrical Systems Engineer
Salary: Will consider applications up to £60k
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Afanatsitc opportunity to join a world leading defence company has become available in Stevenage. You will be an experienced Electrical Systems Engineer and looking to be involved in all aspects of system sub-development and is a great chance to challenge and develop your career.
You will be responsible for all electrical activities as part of development of weapon sub-systems and managing a close knit engineering team whilst liaising with internal and external stakeholders influencing the wider project.
Activities listed below will give an insight into the role:
- Defining and optimising the Electrical Architecture for weapon sub-systems
- Manage the definition and justification of equipment electrical interfaces
- Manage Electrical Architecture coherence across all relevant domains i.e. safety, test architect, security, mechanical design, etc.
- Lead on issues such as EMC requirements and RF Interoperability, managing additional resources within the company to deliver these as required.
- Producing plans, controlling any assigned budgets, managing personal workload and identifying any further resource needs in delivering the above.
This role is a perfect stepping stone for a Senior/Principal Engineer looking to pick up some managerial responsibilities whilst also still producing high quality technical work. The company offers clear and defined development plan and you could potentially move into a Chief Engineer or Chief Design Engineer position after this based on the broad view of the development process this role will give you.
- You will be able to demonstrate your skills and knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering, including:
- Digital electronics & microprocessor systems
- Analogue electronics & RF
- Power Electronics
- You will be able to demonstrate your broader understanding and appreciation of engineering disciplines, including Systems design and Safety systems
- Excellent Communication
- Ability to travel as and when required
- Ability to gain SC Clearance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
and many more.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy