A Manufacturing Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage
As a Manufacturing Engineer within the unit & missile assembly manufacturing facility your focus will be to ensure that our products are built efficiently and to budget. A key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will carry out activities in support of multi-project manufacturing.
* Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions.
* Design, Commissioning and proving of associated tooling.
* Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, FAI's etc.
* Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process.
* Route card changes as a result or rework activities.
* Management of Configuration Control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing Instructions.
* Support to the Non Conformance Process using SAP.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
* Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
* 5 years' experience within an engineering discipline.
* Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions for both Skilled and Semi-Skilled operators.
* Have experience of Electronic Sub Assembly manufacture through to System level builds.
* Have experience and knowledge of the assembly process for small/miniature Electro-Mechanical Actuation Systems.
* Must be able to work within, and contribute to a team environment.
* Recognise and understand customer requirements, and respond to them.
* Understand and work to Company Processes and Procedures.
* Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
* Manual handling training.
* ESD training.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.