A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a long term contract assignement based in Stevenage.
This is an opportunity to become part of Europe's No. 1 Missile Systems Designer, as a Mechanical Design Engineer. You will work closely with other functional teams, to develop product concepts to meet our customer's needs. Within this role you will have the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research of novel mechanical technologies to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
* Undertaking mechanical design tasks for actuation systems
* Managing the day to day mechanical design activities for actuation systems
* Working with cross functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of the actuation system
* Investigating and resolving design issues as they occur in the production environment and coordinating any remedial and corrective action plans.
* Providing feedback to Mechanical Design Equipment teams on issues raised to ensure continuous improvement and best practices is maintained.
* Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
* Knowledge of several of the following:
* Manufacturing processes
* Tolerance studies
* Environmental test
* Mass property calculations
* Material selection
* Design for Manufacture/Assembly
* Environmental Gasket Sealing
* Tooling/fixtures design
* Structural design
* Defence Standards
* Review processes
* Product Lifecycles
* Industrial validation
* Design of PCB enclosures
* An ability to work as part of a multifunctional engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
* An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.