A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage for a multi-national defence company.
* Carry out Mechanical Design and proving activities for manufacturing assembly tooling and fixtures to develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
* Support to functional & environmental trials.
* Liaise with suppliers/purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
* Planning and reporting on own day-to-day activities to meet project milestones.
* Gain clarification of and help to generate requirements.
* Challenge extraneous requirements accordingly to reduce UPC and design complexity
* Experience of Creo 3D design tool .
* Knowledge of several of the following:
* Manufacturing processes
* Tolerance studies
* Environmental test
* Mass property calculations
* Material selection
* Design for Manufacture/Assembly
* Environmental Gasket Sealing
* Tooling/fixtures design
* Structural design
* Defence Standards
* Review processes
* Product Lifecycles
* Industrial validation
* Design of PCB enclosures
* An ability to work as part of a multifunctional engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
* An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.