A Project Officer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage for a multi-national defence company.
This role will require you to work with the Manufacturing project teams in delivering missiles and test equipment throughout their product life-cycles and in accordance with established project control methodologies. The role of Project Officer provides support to a range of deliverables across multiple Manufacturing task areas and can provide a stepping stone for further progress within a project management environment. The Project Officer support the Heads of Manufacturing and Production Project Managers across multiple projects and sites as required, providing delivery of the following:
* Maintenance and regular reporting of project Key Performance Indicators.
* Act as an interface within Manufacturing to help ensure programme delivery, quality and cost.
* Provide, understand and present information at internal reviews and meetings.
* Assist the team with Risk and Opportunity management.
* Assist in the compilation of Manufacturing estimates and Cost at Completions.
* Assist in the compilation and analysis of workload forecast.
* Compilation and maintenance of project programmes and schedules.
* Maintain and improve the interface with internal customers and external departments.
* Some travel between sites will be required.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise as well as manage day-to-day tactical decisions.
* A clear, strong and effective communicator.
* Numerate and confident with basic mathematics
* Knowledgeable and experienced in the basic application of Project Management skills at an assistant level.
* Computer literacy - basic but proven skills required in MS Word, spread sheets, presentations and planning tools. Experience with SAP materials management system and Primavera 6 planning tool is preferred but not essential.
* Local, job specific training will be provided as appropriate.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.