Project Planner/Controller with primavera p6 experience required for long term contract assignment based out of Stevenage or Bristol
Overview of department:
The role of the Project Planner is to deliver the following key objectives, through ownership and provision of best practice Project Planning to their respective sector / project team; Working in collaboration and support of the Business Performance Management Team and the Technical Teams, responsible for the development, deployment and ongoing management of the Primavera Integrated Plan Network Practicing, promoting and upholding the company standard of Planning and Scheduling.
* Analysing ongoing progress and performance, assessing this against contractual and internal targets - determining variance and its respective causes.
* Preparing reports and recommending actions to maintain and or improve progress.
* Establish and Initiate the Sector / Projects Overall Project Schedule and ensure it is Deployed and maintained to the Company Standard.
* Support the development of Planning Skills across the Project Team, Coaching Engineering, Production and Project Management team members in best practice Planning and Scheduling.
* Integrate all Work package plans and ensure they are fully integrated to achieve an overall network to the company standard Deploy, Manage and Maintain the Projects Performance Measurement Baseline.
* Support the Work package teams updating their plans on a monthly basis.
* Produce, Distribute and Report Project Schedule Data as Requirement, advising on conflicts and corrective actions.
* Manage the Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and apply when Requirement.
* Manage and the Project Critical Path Analysis Process to the company standard.
* Foster good working relationships with engineers and the broader community to be able to embed the company's project control standards, systems and methods delivering accurate and quality project performance status data in a timely manner.
* Possess a high level of competence and experience with Primavera and SAP PS and with industry standard computing applications (specifically spreadsheets).
* Hold durable communication skills, capable of working in large teams with a complexity of skills (Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Project Management, etc)
* possess the appeal of working in a multicultural pan-European environment.
* Have a proven level of Commercial and Financial management experience.
* A proactive team player who can inspire others who is assertive and possesses strong negotiation and arbitration skills.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.