An RF Design Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage for a multi-national defence company.
* Proven practical RF (component level) design and testing of RF circuits across a wide frequency range ( eg, 30MHz to 30GHz, including LNA Amplifier, High Power Amplifier, filter, local oscillator, synthesiser, modulator design etc)
* RF design experience for harsh environments (EMC, vibration, thermal)
* Ability to perform design proving tests and trials in the onsite laboratory Excellent practical skills including soldering, fault finding and the use of RF test equipment including Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters & VNAs Good knowledge of digital, analogue and power supply design Experience using RF design tools ( eg Microwave Office), including layout.
* Fully conversant with manufacturing techniques and capabilities, including design for manufacture and test.
* Strong communicator with excellent presentation and report writing skills.
* Able to communicate clearly any problems, solutions or results to team and customer.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.