A Security Vetting Officer is required for a long term contract assignment based out of either Stevenage or Bolton
Security Vetting Support Officer (2 heads)
Overview of department:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the dynamic and vibrant environment of security vetting. This is a crucial area of the business which supports the delivery of security cleared personnel. You will be part of a highly motivated and progressive team who are the first layer of security in ensuring any personnel risks are identified and managed.
- Support Recruitment in obtaining security clearances and checks for all new employees.
- Supporting with the management of confidential and complex vetting enquiries.
- Be point of contact for vetting issues/problems.
- Liaise with UKSV and other external agencies when appropriate.
- Work with external IT platform to obtain and update security clearances.
- Provide support to areas of Security Services.
- Lead on departmental projects for successful implementation to meet deadlines.
In addition, you will be required to support the Personnel Security Manager in the successful implementation of the Vetting Strategy. Your role will be diverse and fast-paced as you support the department and business in achieving its objectives and reducing risk to the organisation.
- Experience of HMG BPSS and UKSV vetting processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise work as required
- Professional meticulous approach, with a keen eye for detail
- Experienced on the use of electronic Vetting Databases and multi IT platforms
- 'Can do' positive attitude for success
- Experience and knowledge of MOD and defence industry
- Relevant vetting and Personnel Security experience or qualification
- Awareness and knowledge of recruitment and on boarding processes for defence industry
- Personnel Security awareness for the ongoing aftercare of security cleared staff
- Presentational experience for the delivery of training
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.