Senior Configuration Engineer required for contract assignment based in Stevenage.
Overview of department:
Senior Configuration Engineer to act as a focal point for CM support to project and functional stakeholders, delivering Configuration Management in accordance with contractual Defence Standards approved plans, as well as Investigating and Implementing Engineering Change Management against our product definitions.
Carrying out Engineering Change Management Activities to include:
* Application of Configuration Management principals and processes for one or more projects.
* Interpretation of technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies.
* Management of access and technical signatories for product design data.
* Preparing and handling Configuration Management documentation, used to provide governance and control of project activities.
* Review and Implementation of engineering design changes, collaborating across a multi-stakeholder environment.
* Preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
* Supporting regular Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and ad hoc meetings
* Schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, take and publish minutes.
* Support of technical audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout our supply chain.
* Schedule diary, generate agendas and reports, chase non-conformities and update the audit tracker
* A background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
* Ideally suited to someone who has proven experience of working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc. with suitable experience including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
* Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage)
* Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.