A sub-contractor opportunity has arisen for an experienced Simulation and Modelling Engineer to work within a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project based in Stevenage.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of the complex guided weapon systems products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process:
* models to support initial feasibility and concept proving studies.
* models to support design development and trade-off studies.
* models to support ground testing including Hardware in the Loop testing.
* models to support trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation.
* full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system.
The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models.
As directed by the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme. You will also be responsible for integration of components from within the team and from other project areas.
You will be responsible for their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation as well as maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards.
Within the scope of your defined tasks, you will interact autonomously with the other functional teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems, and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
You will engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
We are looking for you to have an appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters e.g. Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics.
A proven track record in the following:
* Simulation and Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects.
* The MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow.
* Ability to produce a computer simulation (/Simulink model) from a mathematical specification.
* A good understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of the following:
* Rational Team Concert (or similar Configuration and Management Tools).
* DOORS (or similar Requirement Management Tools).
* C, FORTRAN orAda.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.