A Social Value Project Manager is required for a multi-national defence company based in Stevenage.
Overview of department:
The Deputy MDs Office is responsible for delivering the UK's Sustainability strategy and ensuring coherence with the wider Group ESG agenda. Working within the Deputy MDs Office, interacting closely with both the new Sustainability team and the UK Special Advisor's team to ensure a consolidated and co-ordinated response to UK Social Value based topics.
The role holder will manage the business' progression in responding to relevant government requirements and improvement of our overall Social Value:
* Project Manage and continue to develop the implementation of the company's UK's Social Value Strategy while aligning with Group's overall ESG strategy and the UK Customers Procurement Policy legislation
* Keep up to date repository of Social Value activities being created across the business and actions to improve
* Regularly update key stakeholders across the business about progress and requirements
* Work with functional SMEs to support development of functional Social Value plans
* Drive the development of Social Value KPIs across all functions to ensure regular measurement and improvement
* Support development of Social Value expertise throughout the business in particular by working with Sustainability team to develop and implement a comms and education plan
* Manage engagements with external parties such as consultants where required
* Attend customer Social Value engagements where required
* Work as part of a cohesive team providing leadership that engages all colleagues, role modelling the company Values, and establish a team with sustainability and continuous improvement as a key deliverable.
The Role holder will support the positive delivery against the following KPI's:
* Compliance with latest guidance from customer around PPN 06/20
* Social Value project initiatives providing year on year benefit to the Company and its Stakeholders
* UK Customer Satisfaction
* Stakeholder Satisfaction demonstrated through targeted surveys
* Positive KPI results against the Social Value Model Assessment Criteria (MAC)
* Compliance with National ESG Legislation
The Role holder will support the development of approaches that overcome the following challenges:
* Bringing together work done across all functions into a central repository
* Achieving a Company cultural change to understand the importance of Sustainability in terms of compliance with procurement requirements as well addressing recruitment and retention challenges
* Aligning with Industry whilst ensuring we maintain our competitive edge
* Ensuring we are meeting the expectations of our UK Customer as its expectations mature
* Ensuring solutions are accepted and activities are delivered by the 'operational pillars'
* Understanding of Social Value Landscape and relevant government policies especially PPN 06/20
* Project Management background with experience working with multiple stakeholders and senior leadership
* Very Good Command of English
* Strong Problem Solving Skills
* Sound business judgement
* Strong drive and results orientation
* Good communication & motivational skills
* Inclination to work in multinational, cross-functional teams
* Experience of bid writing would be beneficial
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.