Software Engineer required for long term contract assignment based in Stevenage (full time on site)
Candidates will need to be prepared to undergo security clearance to SC level before commencing this assignment.
CRITICAL ELEMENTS Strong knowledge of C and C++, Previous experience of developing Software in the area of test solutions, Good team working and communication skills
* Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
* Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
* Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
* Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
* Previous experience working in an agile development team.
* A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
* Knowledge and experience of NI TestStand is desirable
* Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
* Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
* Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
* Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
* Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
* A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices desirable.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.