Software Verification & Validation Engineer required for long term contract assignment based in Stevenage
Overview of department:
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable and adaptable Verification and Validation Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for verifying and validating real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems. This is a technical hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing Test Cases for safety-critical Actuator subsystem software.
This is a great role for someone with a passion for verifying and validating software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. Working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
Skill Set/ Experience
What we're looking for
1. Demonstrable experience of testing hard real time software on Bare-Metal systems.
2. C Programming experience.
3. Experience authoring Test Specifications, automated Test Scripts and compliance matrices.
4. Good problem-solving capability to investigate software/hardware issues.
5. Experience working on safety critical software (SIL3/4 or DO178C software level B/A).
6. Experience working in a lab environment on an electro mechanical product running embedded software.
7. Desirable tools experience - DOORS, RTC/Git, LDRA and Code Composer Studio.
The right behaviours are important, can-do attitude, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process adherence and quality focused.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.