Systems Design Engineer with RF experience required for long term contract assignment based in Stevenage
Overview of department:
The role is for a Systems Design Engineer to work on a project which is developing, building and testing real hardware for a key missile sub-system. The role is to design the architecture and to develop the technical requirements for a seeker.
Responsibilities (to include):
* Provide support to integration and testing teams in capturing test requirements and plans in DOORS
* Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications
* Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements
* Defining algorithms in firmware and software
* Development of system-level test sequences
* Liaise with subsystem teams, to ensure design proposals take into account existing design constraints
* Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) - increasingly adopted within the System Engineering domain
* Supporting safety, security and reliability aspects of projects
* Support customer working groups as required
Due to the sensitive nature of the work it is predominantly done onsite but there is some flexibility depending on project.
Skillset / experience required:
* DOORS, or other SysML tools
* You will be able to perform requirements analysis and trade off studies to flow down requirements to seeker sub-assemblies, firmware and software
* You will be able to demonstrate your systems engineering experience
* You will be able to demonstrate exposure to system requirements, as well as developing system architecture models and configuration control
* You will be able to discuss hardware, firmware or software design constraints
* Knowledge of RF is essential
* Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools and methods
* Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
* Ability to work as part of a fast paced team
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.