A Systems Proving Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based out of Stevenage for a multi national defence company.
Overview of department:
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Electronic Engineering for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who is looking to broaden their skills within a multiple disciplined team supporting various projects.
Reporting to the Integration and Proving Team Lead, as a Proving Engineer, your role will be to plan, prepare, conduct and report on Equipment Level Proving activities. Trials are conducted at various UK facilities.
This role provides a unique opportunity to be involved in multi-million pound international projects, owning and delivering a critical element of the proving process.
* You will join a motivated, focussed team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key.
* You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment, providing one of the best environments to meet career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
* You will join a team that is dedicated to improving the way it works, how it interacts with other functions and directorates with a strong interest in the development of its people.
* You will have the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills via a combination of mentoring, formal training and on the job training, with the potential of career progression.
* You will have the opportunity to travel to other UK locations to support trials.
* You will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders across the business, building a network and learn about other areas of the business.
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
* Ideally an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
* Someone with a high degree of self-motivation and drive and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Experience of writing trials/technical documentation.
* Appreciation/Experience of Systems Proving Process and associated methodologies.
* Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
* The ability to communicate with a wide range of internal customers, sub-contractors / partners/ suppliers at both engineering and management levels.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.