Akkodis are currently working in partnership with an award-winning market leading organisation to recruit an experienced Tax Manager to be responsible for the taxation activities and tax risk management for an enterprise size organisation, this includes general insurance and financial services business, UK-wide sales distribution, international investment, and investment property activities.
Please note this is a hybrid role with 1 day a week in the office and comes with a highly competitive salary and world class benefits package.
As the Tax Manager you will provide overall assessment of corporate tax provisions, tax payments and regulatory reporting that reflect the activities across the business. You'll also ensure compliance across all Taxation Regulatory and Statutory requirements.
You'll have great exposure to senior managers and tax-related professionals across various areas of the business. As well as managing and working with external stakeholders, including HMRC and Tax and Legal Advisors in relation to key strategic initiatives. You'll provide tax guidance for complex tax affairs within an established organisation who's total contribution to HMRC last year were over £300 million.
- You will be an experienced Tax professional and bring experience of dealing with complex tax affairs. You will enjoy working as part of a dedicated team but readily influence and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have great leadership skills and confidently embrace line management responsibilities.
- A professional or technical qualification, such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), and/or Professional Tax qualifications.
- Experience of working in the General Insurance and/or Financial Services Sector would be hugely beneficial.
- Experience of working with and having specific knowledge of direct and/or indirect taxes.
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain complex technical issues to financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Experience of managing HMRC relationships for various corporate taxes, for example, corporation tax or VAT.
- Annual bonus (up to 25% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- Private medical insurance + options to add family members
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership - subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation and play a pivotal role please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.