Akkodis is currently recruiting for a Principle / Lead Developer to join our client on a 12 month initial contract.
Role: Principle / Lead Developer
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £770 per day
Status: Inside IR35
The client has invested in building an internal Data Platform capability to provide centralized discovery and cataloging of company data assets. As we onboard more interal data producers to the platform we are looking to add additional capabilities and slowly migrate the technologies used to C# / .NET from the original Java technology stack.
Working alongside the existing development team you will:
* Own the technical direction across two teams - Data Platform and External Data Upload, co-ordinating between the two workstreams
* Lead the team in aligning the Data Platform technology stack with the wider office
* Assist the Lead Developer, Solution Architect, and Product Owner to set and deliver a roadmap of technical and function improvements to the Data Platform
* Provide expert C# / .NET guidance to the team through pair programming, peer review, and team talks
* Experience (3+ years) of working in a lead or principal software development role at the enterprise-level with a proven track record of successful project delivery
* Experience of working in distributed, remote first teams
* Strong experience of C# and .NET
* Good understanding of OO concepts and SOLID design principles
* Experience of containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience of developing using public cloud, ideally Microsoft Azure and Terraform
* Knowledge of SQL and database design
* Experience of building automated regression testing as well as unit testing and TDD
* Being proficient in one or more scripting languages is a nice to have (e.g. powershell)
* Experience of Continuous Delivery and Automated Deployment environment using tools such as Azure DevOps and Flux
* Experience of developing in Java, or migrating Java applications to C#
* Experience of consumer driven contract testing
* Experience of Angular SPA development
Please note this role is an SC Cleared position, however we can consider applications even if you are not cleared. You must be eligible for SC clearance to be considered.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.