Akkodis is currently recruiting for a Service Transition Manager to join our client on a 6 month initial contract.
Role: Service Transition Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £611.50 per day
Status: Inside IR35
Location: Hybrid / Taunton
The Service Transition Manager is responsible for providing, from a through life management perspective, guidance on and the supervision of the transition of services through their development phases into live-running, with the key objective of assuring 'operational readiness'. The activities of the post focus around the management of the transition of major changes to existing services, and/or the launch of new services, in order to avoid undesired consequences. Following transition, sign-off the service will be integrated into the BAU activities of the Technology Division.
* Familiar with service transition concepts and practices, for example, experience of progressing service transfers, transition document sets, etc.
* Familiar with full-service lifecycle concepts, for example the ITIL lifecycle.
* Familiar with the methods and techniques associated with planning, managing and monitoring the progress of projects, including, product/work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution.
* Expertise of ISO 9000-based corporate quality processes,
* Familiar with the control and management of IT assets (or configuration items) including hardware, software, documentation, services, suppliers and network facilities by the use and application of strict change management and recording.
* Familiar with the use of proprietary tools for the recording, progressing, and reporting of incidents.
* Familiar with business continuity concepts such as the methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of IT services.
* Proficient in techniques for ensuring that full account is taken of customers' real and stated needs in the delivery of products and services.
* Familiar with the methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants.
* General awareness of the ICT marketplace.
* Proficient in project management - the principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation, for example: PRINCE2.
* Familiar with the activities, structure, and position in the organisation of the functions or departments for which services are provided.
* Familiar with the concepts for the internal cross-charging of delivered services.
Please note this role is an SC Cleared position, however we can consider applications even if you are not cleared. You must be eligible for SC clearance to be considered.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.