3rd Line Network Engineer
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading IT Services provider to recruit an experienced Network Engineer with strong knowledge of Cisco and networking technologies.
This role is fully remote with some occasional travel to the office in Kent.
As a Network Engineer you will provide support for escalations/incident management, technical problem management and service requests for multiple clients in both the public and private sector.
- Management of major incident/high importance faults based on priority levels
- Lead by example, by ensuring that a high level of service is delivered to the customer at all times via the phone, email or face to face and that the management & information on their support requests are of a high standard, following agreed fault-finding procedures at all times.
- Proactively escalate any potential SLA failures to the Service Operations Management team and/or Service Delivery Managers.
- Proactively monitor the IT Service Management tool to ensure that SLA's are within target.
- Proactively raise any issues or improvements identified relating to the team or processes to the NOC Team Leaders.
- Review configurations for new LAN/WAN/Wifi and Firewall installations
- Ensure the integrity of the Network Management platforms
- Implement Problem Management Root Cause Analysis
- Ensure all support requests are up to date and in hand at the end of each shift, handing over any outstanding issues to the next shift staff.
- Configure and Troubleshoot, various network devices, such as Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, from various mainstream vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, HP. Etc.
- Troubleshoot, log and manage circuit faults (including ADSL, SDSL, Ethernet, NGA, MPF, SMPF) on our third party suppliers systems.
- Actively monitor the networks using Solarwinds
- Work in a rota to provide an On-Call escalation point out of hours
- Excellent communication skills - Essential
- Experience working in an ITIL structured environment and adhering to strict SLA's
- CCNP or relevant IT network certification
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Proven customer service/helpdesk/NOC experience
- Experience of configuring/troubleshooting firewalls from multiple vendors (Juniper / Cisco / Palo Alto) at least experience of one
- Advanced Experience of Troubleshooting Enterprise Networks (LAN/WAN/WIFI/Data Centre)
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.