Role: Cost Modeller - Defence
Salary: Will consider applications up to £50k
Location: Nr Westbury, Wiltshire
An exciting Cost Modeller vacancy within a well regarded small defence consultancy has become available near Westbury, Wiltshire. This opportunity is to join the modelling team to help inform defncemorganisations on a variety of important wuestions relating to cost and future planning.
You be involved in understanding the scope of research technology, estimating costs of complex systems, developing analysis tools and techniques and providing advice and support to our customers. No two days will ever be the same and you could be on site liaising with stakeholders providing guidance and the next you could be researching new technologies to fully understand the wider cost implications on certain projects. You will have an opportunity to learn multiple skills in this multi-disciplined team. Activities listed below will give an insight into the role:
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team of systems engineers, cost modellers, software engineers, naval architecture and physicists plus many more.
- Customer interaction undertaking detailed data analysis or working at a customer's site building relationships with high ranking military and civil customers
- You will contribute to the planning, management and delivery of contracts that typically range from one month to a year
- You will be highly mobile, able to travel between customer sites (the majority of which are within the south west) and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Personable, flexible and able to collaborate effectively
- Able to take on a challenge and deliver results
- Excellent Communication
- Experience of collecting, collating and interpreting cost or financial data from previous projects, supplier estimates, internal experts and published sources.
- Experience of analysing cost data and generating incisive outputs and advice to clients
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Professional institute fees covered
- Pension scheme
and many more.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy