ROLE TITLE Software Test Engineer
LOCATION York or Derby, with occasional trips to other sites
SALARY: Up to £35,000 per annum
My client is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join their team in one of 2 locations and assist in the testing and delivery of bespoke Software / Hardware solutions. The successful applicant will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic ISO 9001 accredited environment. The position involves supporting the engineering team and the testing of the systems through the full development lifecycle.
In this role you will be expected to define the test plan and where necessary strategy, test environment, scenarios, scripts and data required, along with executing and reporting on findings to ensure the high-quality standards set, continue to be maintained. You will also be influential in the continual improvement of the testing function within the business.
- Carry out System Testing of assigned hardware and software solutions
- Set up/ maintain test environments
- Requirements analysis and defining of test criteria
- Define and document the test plan per project
- Test case creation and execution
- Defect tracking and management
- Testing quality reporting
- Ensure all required safety systems are complied with
- Consistently communicate risks and issues to the appropriate party
- Continuous improvement of strategies, tooling and practices
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
- 1 years practical experience within a software test environment
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing as a minimum
- Experience of System Testing and Functional/Non-Functional Testing
- Firm understanding of the software and the development life cycle
- The ability to write &/or work methodically and conscientiously through a defined testing procedure
- Diagnostic and problem solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong technical writing skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Practical experience within a hardware test environment
- ISTQB Foundation in Agile Software Testing
- Educated to HNC Level or equivalent
- Knowledge of test management procedure and tools (e.g. qTest)
- Experience in using defect tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Knowledge/experience of Automated Test Tools (e.g. Ranorex)
- Some software development/scripting skills an advantage (e.g. C++, C#, SQL, Python)
- Experience of using/testing of databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.