We are looking for a Senior Java Expert to join our Modis IT team, our chosen candidate would work onsite at our client location.
Modis is a worldwide market leader in the field of HR Solutions that deliver agile end-to-end solutions for our customers, including professional staffing and consulting, project services, managed services, customised solutions, and outsourcing projects.
At Modis IT you are given the opportunity to grow continuously as an expert within your specialist field. We exist to connect the smartest people and brightest businesses to the opportunities they need to thrive.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) (www.microsoft.com) covers Microsoft
- Responsible for Windows operating systems and application development.
- Information Systems Examination Board (www.iseb.org.uk)
- Responsible for development of application using object-oriented Java tools and methodologies.
- Customization and configuration of WC components and solutions.
- Responsible for understanding and documenting technical specifications at the Java doc and design/specification level.
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing tools such as Rational Rose, Eclipse, Clearcase, and memory/performance analysis tools (like NetBeans).
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in latest Java version.
- Active Directory, Application Development, Citrix.
- Working knowledge of FTP, Telnet, Ping, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SNMP, HTTP and LDAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server technology including Windows NT4, Windows 2000 & Windows 2003, Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003, Active Directory, SQL Server, Terminal Server and Citrix Server.
- Should have a good knowledge of a wide area of IS concepts and practice, including the systems development life cycle, with a deep knowledge of at least one area of specialization.
- Proven ability to work in a TDD manner and diploma in Rapid Application Development.
- Good education budget
- Lease car
- 8% holiday allowance
- 10% discount on group health insurance
- Pension support
- 24 days holidays with additional 12 days buy out option
- Discounts on top retail brands and fitness clubs