On behalf of the European Space Agency we are recruiting two Administrative Assistants to support the Language Services and Minute-Writing Division in Paris, France.
The Service Provision aims to support the preparation, publication and archiving of documents produced by the French Translation Section (and occasionally by the German Translation Section) by formatting and editing the documents and carefully archiving them so that they can be retrieved easily at any time.
As such the Service Provider shall support the Head of the French Translation Section (and occasionally the Head of the German Translation Section) in publishing the documents on time for the official meetings or according to the deadlines given by the customers.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Format the Word documents produced by the French translators (and occasionally by the German translators), ensuring in particular that the layout is correct, coherent and in line with the standards of the Agency, and double-checking the spelling and grammar; this implies the assembling of texts when a document is shared between two or more translators, the reformatting of complex documents (budgets, annual accounts, etc.) and the creation of tables and figures using various software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others);
- Incorporate amendments to the documents, tables and figures;
- Upload the French version (and occasionally the German version) of official documents in the Agency’s online publication system “esa blue-docs”, liaising with the Information Technology technicians as necessary;
- Archive the original documents and the translations in the local databases;
- Maintain the translation archives and propose modifications of the folders and sub-folders as necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of specific documents by making electronic document comparisons (track changes function), retrieving/pre-translating recurrent parts and making searches in archives and documentary databases;
- Provide support for the use of specific tools by creating html bilingual files for the search engine (DtSearch) and creating and preparing tmx bilingual files (alignments) to be transferred into the translation memories (SDL Studio);
- Liaise with secretaries and the official documents distribution unit to ensure that documents are published on time;
- Transfer the updated content of the translation memories and DtSearch content to the external translators on a quarterly basis or more often if necessary;
- Maintain leave records for the Section;W
- hen required, perform the following tasks:
o Record the translation requests in the follow-up excel files;
o Create dedicated sheets for each document using the appropriate template and copy the completed sheets into the workflow;
o Transfer the translation requests to the respective section heads;
o Keep the section heads informed of the status of the documents in esa blue-docs as well as of any special translation request outside esa blue-docs;
o Keep a record of published and cancelled documents.
The list above is neither exhaustive nor static and, upon notification from ESA, might evolve if the activity concerned requires it.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
ESA's Headquarters are located in Paris. The administrative function is based at ESA HQ 'Bertrand' located in the 15th arrondissement, while ESA HQ 'Daumesnil' houses the Communications Department and the Directorate of Space Transportation in the 12th arrondissement.
The Director General and cabinet have their offices at HQ Bertrand as do some of the Programme Directors. The decisions that shape ESA’s present and future activities are made here.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Good educational background (secondary education) and substantial secretarial and administrative experience;
- Thorough acquaintance with Word and Excel and familiarity with PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and customer focus;
- Flexibility and responsiveness;
- Willingness to work hard under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- French mother tongue with excellent command of spelling and grammar;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of German is an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21/10/2021