We are looking for a Programme / Project Controller (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in Harwell, United Kingdom.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Supporting partnership projects on all activities related to project cost, schedule and risk, project management processes and administrative functions, and the Directorate’s internal and external reporting. This includes work breakdown structure, financial matters, scheduling, configuration, documentation, progress control, geographical return and general project administration.
- Supporting the preparation, procurement and monitoring of complex procurement actions, from tendering to closure of contract, and for management, financial and planning aspects.
- Supporting negotiations with industrial contractors and supporting project managers in various programmatic aspects and provide the necessary elements for management decision-making.
- Through planning & control procedures and information systems, providing full visibility over progress on all activities, this includes maintenance in ESA’s ERP system of project-related data.
- Taking active part in the TIA project control community supporting improvement of Project Control procedures and computerised information and controlling systems.
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on cost-at-completion status, including annual cost plans and workforce planning, identifying potential problem areas and proposing remedial action.
- Monitoring contracts, ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements and support the closure of contracts.
- Preparing relevant period and ad-hoc reporting including KPIs.
- Supporting Project reviews.
- Supporting the TIA Quality Management System and the implementation of Project Control processes.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
About ESA ECSAT
The European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) is ESA’s new facility in the United Kingdom. It is based at the Harwell Science, Innovation and Business Campus in Oxfordshire.
ECSAT is the most recent addition to ESA’s operational sites across Europe. First opened in 2009, ECSAT will be developed by ESA following agreements reached between the UK and ESA in November 2012. ECSAT will support activities related to telecommunications, integrated applications, climate change, technology and science.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Masters degree or equivalent qualification inBusiness Administration or similar and at least 4 years of relevant experience in project control.
- Experience in the application of project management and project control principles and advanced project control techniques are essential.
- The Directorate is transforming into a more digital environment. Strong IT skills are a distinct asset as well as experience with ESA tools such as ESA-P, EROS, WLMS, ESAPLAN, Excel, Microsoft Project and Tableau/Power-BI.
- Ability to summarise complex information and prepare reports, dashboards and KPIs.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of space systems architecture and engineering experience in a project or programme will be an asset.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 16/06/2021