- Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the diagnostics domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area;
- Create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You will support the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation;
- Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the functional requirement/design documents;
- Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
- As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain, in agreement with the functional lead engineer.
- Deploy the diagnostic properties in agreement with the property owner diagnostics.
As Senior Engineer Vehicle Diagnostics you are part of an agile software development team, that will also develop application software functions according input requirements. In your role you’re responsible to add the functional knowledge to the team.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Software Architecture group.
As Senior Engineer Vehicle Diagnostics you are responsible for the Software Diagnostics within the Software Architecture group, part of Embedded Engineering.
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the E/E, Control System and SW Architecture of engines and Vehicles and specific Electronic Control Units under its responsibility. The department is divided in two groups: E/E Architecture and Software Architecture.
The diagnostics function area comprises functions (e.g. fault manager) which diagnose the application software on different control systems on the truck. Supporting functionalities like UDS and ODX protocols are part of the work package as well. Also creating input requirements for service tool to assure the integration of this service tool with the control system application software is included.
Functie-eisen• Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the vehicle related diagnostics domain, together with inter controller communication knowledge (e.g CAN and LIN protocol) and related vehicle functionalities (e.g. electric/conventional driveline functions, cab/chassis functions, ADAS)
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form.
The following requirements are nice-to-have:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of Functional Safety and OBD;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
If this positions sounds as your next step to take, please respons and sent your resume + motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org