Modis have and excellent opportunity for a SQL DBA Engineer to join our IT team, our chosen candidate would initially work onsite at our global client, located in Hilversum. This opportunity is best suited to someone who will thrive in a diverse international environment and has a particular interest in sports.
SQL DBA Engineer
The SQL Engineering team sits at the tip of the spear within global digital transition. We are looking for a highly skilled engineer in this global organization who will be at the heart of our engineering teams: building solutions, ensuring continuity and performance of databases and empower company to deliver highly creative automated solutions.
You will help the engineering team in the following:
You will take role and responsibility not only on providing 7/24 support on MSSQL and MySQL databases but also engineering efforts to align with digital strategy which is fast-paced in innovation and change. Well-defined, modularized solutions are needed to provide consistent security, reliability, observability and re-use such as self-healing monitoring systems, predictive capacity automation. You will also be responsible to expand existing systems to manage, support, and continue to evolve the overall architecture to support its continued growth and expanding role.
You will work with best in class engineers in the company as an expert in field. You will partner with application development teams, product teams, cloud engineering teams to develop best-in-class product adhering to the company standards .
Experience and knowledge required:
- 5 years extensive MS SQL Server database experience with a passion to learn required
- Heavy working experience managing and automating SQL Server with Powershell
- Self-manage work and complete systems and database related projects independently, on a team, and while leading a team.
- Experience with cloud database technologies in AWS, Azure, Google, Alibaba
- Knowledge of SQL server migration & upgrade, backup & restore
- Deep understanding on capturing SQL Server & Windows performance bottleneck and resolving them.
- SQL server DBA experience including writing complex queries. Should be able to handle and manage SQL servers like other DBAs today.
- Should have worked/working as Database Administrator (SQL + MySQL) and aware of all administration activities.
- Good experience with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS technology from deployment and maintenance perspective.
- Able to work in a continuous improvement methodology (CI/CD)
- Ability to work in a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Flexibility in terms of working hours as required by business priorities.
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
- Management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience in MS SQL 2012 – 2019 is preferred
Modis is a global consultancy which specializes in IT Engineering and LifeScience.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with Modis, a global consultancy with over 200 clients in the Netherlands. As a Modis consultant you can be assured we take pride in developing your skills and giving you access to cooperate with our global clients. As a global consultancy Modis strives to retain our consultants in order to provide new and exciting opportunities within our local and global community.
For more information please contact Douglas Murdoch: email@example.com or call/whatsapp/sms +31 610 139 769.