We are looking for a motivated Associated Scientist within the field of upstream process development. Under limited supervision, but as part of our lab team you will support the preparation and execution of scientific studies. These will be part of a project plan, and you will be responsible for practical execution of experiments, support of data analysis and reporting main conclusions. Next to this, there is room to work on continuous improvement topics to increase safety, efficiency in workflow and support of scientific projects. Experiments will be performed in bioreactors or in a reduced-scale shaker flask model.
Our client in Leiden is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
The USP department is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments. Within the department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.
Functie-eisenWho are we looking for?
You have a M.Sc., B.Sc, HBO with 3 years of experience or MBO with 5 years of experience in a relevant discipline like biotechnology or pharmacy. Further:
- You have a strong affinity with upstream process development, as demonstrated by experience with mammalian, bacterial, or other cultivation techniques
- Hands-on experience with bioreactors, preferably at lab scale
- You are a motivated team player who is flexible and has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and/or English.
- After your training period, your will occasionally be expected to work during weekend hours.
- Non-Dutch speakers with good oral & written English welcome to apply, alternatively good written English skills (if someone speaks Dutch) also welcome
- Lab-based function, ideal candidate has a little experience working in the lab on cell-culture techniques and enjoys doing practical work
- Due to the R&D environment, there are project rotations so it's not very routine-based. We're looking for an individual who is capable of working focused and accurate on routine-tasks however also able to adapt to changes in workflow.
- We're open to ambitious individuals who may not be able to commit to this role longer than the year advertised. In case of strong performance and budget and future dept. workload permitting, extension will be considered.
You will be part of a dynamic and accomplished team. We offer an employment of 32 to 40 hours a week with excellent primary and secondary benefits. Moreover, Modis offers interesting benefits, like participation of our company-fitness-plan. Modis stands for innovation and stimulates new ways of working. Next to a lot of freedom, you will get the necessary amount of responsibilities, combined with the possibility to develop your ambitions and expertise. Together, we can grow.
I want to apply now
Please tell us who you are and what motivates you! We expect you to elaborate on your experience in late stage development and industrial experience. Send us your application using the application button on this website. Send us your CV + motivationletter before 26 May 2020
If you wish to receive more information first, please contact us on email@example.com or contact one of our Recruitment Consultants:
Barbara Flaton 06-2266 4285
Lars Wijnands 06-1333 9633
Cindy van Gorp 06-1278 1269