The RF characterization engineer will deliver Front-End Module design validations in a fast-paced team environment, and will work closely with RF IC design engineers to optimize a design by extensive data collection, analyzing the data and co-designing the product based on RF system knowledge.
- Design and develop engineering evaluation test boards for RFFE products
- Develop characterization test plans to report the performance of RFFE products in a highly automated RF test environment
- Work with LNA test setup such as PNAX, PXA, network analyzers, noise figure measurement, sophisticated ET/DPD system tools, system alignment, transceiver optimization as well as antenna tuners to optimize the performance
- Characterization reporting includes all the parametric data from RF Front End such as Rx path NF, noise circles, IP2/IM2, IP3/IM3, Gain modes, S-parameters of Rx path components, as well as Tx path PAE, Gain, ACLR, power sweep, Rx Band Noise, Spectrum Emission Mask, s-par, x-par, Load-pull, Out-of-band rejection and frequency sweeps amongst others. Collect and evaluate data to verify performance over temperature, voltage, and process corners.
- Summarize and create performance reports, improve report automation
- Select, implement, and maintain test equipment necessary for RFFE product characterization. Work with IC design team to maintain, optimize, and release chip setting for overall optimized product performances.
Modis works at the heart of today's technologies. For more than 20 years we have been recruiting experts from the world of Information Technology, Engineering and Life Sciences for our global community. Modis connects the smartest people with the best companies. We link the greatest talents and services to our clients.
This position is located within our clients RF Front-End (RFFE) Engineering Department in Nijmegen.
The position offers the opportunity to characterize, validate and verify the performance of RF Front-End Modules against specification to ensure design success. Our clients solutions include highly customized LNAs, PAs, FEMs, antenna tuner and multi-throw switches in standalone and module packages for 4G and 5G wireless cell phone and ultra-mobile devices.
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with the following skills:
- Deep understanding of RF testing
- RF circuitry and mixed signal integrated circuits
- PCB design/debug skills
- Lab equipment, including: Spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, digitizing oscilloscopes, signal generators, DMMs, and programmable power supplies.
- Data analysis tools
- Programming skills, C# or Labview
- English, verbally and in writing
Wireless communications / RF Front End experience
If you have any questions about this role, don't hesitate and please contact Kerry Barclay.
Mobile +31 6 53 225 718; e-mail: email@example.com