About the Role
As an RF Power Application Engineer your responsibility consists of meeting the customers technical requirements using our client's portfolio of devices and demonstrate optimum and competitive performances to enable Design-in. You will be involved in product definition, develop demonstrators, optimization in customer application and support ramp up in mass production.
- Using CAD tools and Load-pull measurement, develop demo-boards (High Power GaN Doherty, Driver, Small Signal GaAs LNA/ Gain Block, Driver) to evaluate new design.
- Optimize demo-boards performances to meet customers specifications and initiate design-in opportunities.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines, including product, test, design, and marketing to support/ answer customers’ needs.
- Interact with customers to understand their current and future needs and be able to translate that into requirements for new products
- Work closely with product marketing to define future new RF products.
- Write technical documentation including application notes, white paper, etc.
- As a senior engineer, you will actively participate to the growth of the team, either as a team leader or a coach to junior engineers.
- Some travel will be necessary.
Modis works at the heart of today's technologies. For more than 20 years we have been recruiting experts from the world of Information Technology, Engineering and Life Sciences for our global community. Modis connects the smartest people with the best companies. We link the greatest talents and services to our clients.
This position is located at our client site in Nijmegen. As an RF Application Engineer, you have the opportunity to be involved in product definition, develop demonstrators, optimization in customer application and support ramp up in mass production.
- A university degree (MSc or PhD) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with strong academic foundation on radio frequency principles.
- Proven experience in RF design or applications, experience with high efficiency Doherty power amplifiers, broadband / multiband amplifier, and digital pre-distortion (DPD).
- A thorough understanding of a radio signal chain (Tx and Rx) and exposure to different radio architectures.
- Understanding of mobile communication standards (LTE, NR etc.), global spectrum regulations (3GPP, FCC etc.) and their specifications for radio performance.
- Expert in RF laboratory equipment and measurement techniques including power amplifier circuit assembly and tuning.
- RF board level design and experience.
- Familiar with simulation tools such as Keysight ADS suite, 3D EM Simulation HFSS, AutoCAD.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with people at all levels.
- Strong desire to be part of a winning team by being flexible and may be required working extra hours at some circumstances.
- Proficient in English language.
This is great opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you.
Please contact me directly on (0)31 653 225 718 or email@example.com