We are looking for an Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer (E3) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of space antenna systems, submillimeter wave instruments and associated technologies throughout all project phases;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Knowledge of antenna testing processes and control software design for antenna measurement systems.
General tasks to be performed:
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and tradeoff studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
Note that for these two areas, the work package will support all antenna development stages from design, analysis up to measurements
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University Master degree with at least 4 years of proven industrial experience in the field.
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org