We are looking for an Assistant Configuration Officer (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
General tasks to be performed:
Configuration control covers both ESA internal activities and activities performed by Industrial Contractors. The preparation of adequate requirements and CM systems auditing are also part of the tasks. It includes the following typical duties:
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
o Configuration management planning.
o Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL).
o Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards.
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Participating in Project Reviews.
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals.
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes.
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control, and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs.
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives.
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with relevant experience.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 06/10/2022