We are looking for an Assistant Contracts Officer (Pr) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. This is initially a cover role for the period of 15/05/2023 – 07/01/2024
General tasks to be performed:
- Assisting one or more ESA Contracts Officers in the following tasks:
- Prepare requests for offers/invitations to tender;
- Participate in the evaluation of offers and tenders;
- Prepare and negotiate the resulting contracts;
- Participate in the monitoring of the execution of the contracts;
- Deal with administrative, contractual, legal and industrial problems arising from the procurements concerned;
For the specific support concerning the sale of equipment, satellite systems products and services to third parties (“external services”) the tasks are as follows:
- Handling requests for quotation from external customers (third parties);
- Preparing respective approval requests;
- Submitting proposals to external customers;
- Negotiating and writing contracts with these customers
- Follow-up executions and administration
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Higher professional education (Bachelor level) in preferably law. Education in economics and/or management/ business administration can be considered with strong matching work experience.
- The holder must have a talent for the formulation of contractual/legal documents and for negotiations.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in contract matters gained either in industry, law firms, or public administration is required.
- The holder shall be operational with Microsoft Office software tools. Knowledge of other systems like Lotus Notes and SAP is a requirement.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language. The knowledge of another member state language is an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21/03/2023