We are looking for an Assistant Controller (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands. This is a 1 year assignment.
General tasks to be performed:
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule / resources.
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment.
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers.
- Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks.
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support to the risk management processes (e.g. maintenance of risk register, monitoring of status of risk mitigation/reduction actions) for the Business Unit.
- Support to the inventory and asset management processes for the Business Unit, including coordination of the proper registration of inventory items and assets, valuation of assets, in accordance with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of required tools.
- Support to the maintenance of industrial return databases for the BU, periodic verification of the BU data against ESA system for consistency, monitoring and forecasting of industrial return values for the procurements of the BU with respect to agreed targets, etc.
- Support assets and inventories management (including technical databases).
- Support BU for worked time activities processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool.
- Support BU for travel management processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 05/10/2021