We are looking for a Business Controller (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
General tasks to be performed:
General Management Support and Controlling:
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule / resources.
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment.
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers.
- Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks.
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Coordinate the work of the cost controller team in the Business Development and Management Support Office and liaise with administrators in the department to ensure coherence of the internal and external administrative data;
- Coordinate implementation and operation of uniform procedures for the management and control of the Directorate’s budgets, ensuring proper coherence and quality of data;
- Support the coordination and consolidation of Business Planning and Reporting Activities in the department, in particular for Investment Projects;
- Provide expertise on Management Support Tools and continuous support to team trainings;
- Provide support to other activities within the Office to ensure consistency and continuity, and to internal and external interfaces as required.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent advanced University degree.
- Relevant experience in SAP is essential and experience in Facilities Management is desirable.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 02/07/2020