We are looking for a Knowledge Management Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
Under the direct authority of the Coordinator of Corporate Knowledge Management Team, the post holder will contribute to the development and implementation of the projects and activities that are part of the ESA’s Knowledge Management (KM) roadmap, including KM projects planning and implementation. The post holder will contribute to the four areas of KM at ESA: Knowledge from People, Knowledge from Projects (i.e. Lessons Learned), Knowledge from Information and Data and ESA
Tasks include, in particular:
- Supporting the development and the implementation of the ESA KM roadmap in line with ESA Digital Agenda for Space;
- Supporting the development and the maintenance of ESA Knowledge Map gathering contribution from ESA directorates and services;
- Supporting the definition, the design and the implementation of new KM related projects in line with the strategic objectives and directorates needs;
- When appropriate, liaising with contractor companies in charge of KM projects to ensure the duly and timely implementation of agreed requirements;
- In collaboration with and in support to HR, contributing actively to ad-hoc HR related projects e.g. competency management, learning and development, training function;
- In collaboration with ESA Corporate IT, analysing and testing KM related IT solutions and tools; monitoring their use and measuring their effectiveness;
- Supporting the development of the necessary procedures to promote KM in a systematic way and ensuring compliance with ISO 30401:2018;
- In cooperation with ESA Communication Office, promoting actively the importance of KM by developing KM awareness programs to inform staff and external customers of KM resources and systems; contributing to the outreach and promotion of ESA’s KM programme;
- Supporting the work on opening ESA library worldwide by identifying materials that can be published, suitable platforms and creating the necessary governance for maintenance and update;
- Coordinating the organization of events, such as KM workshops and conferences.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University Master degree preferably in technical/scientific disciplines;
- Experience with Knowledge Management policies, procedures, tools and practices; a specific experience in project management;
- Experience in an international environment; in project management, and communication;
- Capability of establishing and maintaining high level interfaces within and outside the Agency;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage his/her workload, identifying priorities and strategic actions and dealing with colleagues in the Unit; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset;
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written; ability to work in a team
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 07/12/2021