We are looking for a Management System Support Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
The postholder will provide expert support to the section activities in the area of quality, with specific focus on Quality Management System (QMS) of ESA Corporate and ESA Application Directorate(s).
Typical duties are:
- Supporting the Quality Management activities in ensuring the Quality Management Systems operations and improvements, including review of existing internal processes and tools, support in the definition of new processes, collection and analysis of quality statistics;
- Supporting implementation of the ISO 9001 standard requirements;
- Liaising with all ESA Directorate’s Quality Management Representatives to find and further exploit QMS synergies, learning and planning optimisations;
- Supporting the preparation and contributing to the QMS related meetings, trainings and Workshops;
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of the Quality Management System reviews to allow evaluation of the overall system effectiveness;
- Organising periodic third-party audits to maintain the associated certification;
- Planning, organising, performing and following up internal quality audits and audits of external providers, assessing compliance with baselined quality requirements. This role also include the maintenance of the list of internal auditors;
- Maintaining the ESA Corporate and , on request, other application directorate(s) QMS sites and systems, including, when applicable,their updates and upgrades;
- Providing support to the preparation of quality plans, procedures and supporting documentation;
- When necessary analysing non-conformances, problems, customer complaints, following up implementation of related corrective actions;
- Contributing to the dissemination of the results of the activities performed and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency;
- Participating and contributing to R&D activities (within the post holder’s field of competence) covering both short - and long -term needs;
Duties may also include supporting other activities within the post holder’s field of competence.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master degree in engineering, preferably related to space;
- Experience in the definition, implementation, improvements and certification of quality management systems compliant to ISO 9001;
- Lead Auditor training and experience.
- Knowledge of EN9100, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 27001 standard is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes and projects is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards is considered an asset.
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11/01/2022