We are looking for a Microwave Mm Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer (E3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF Passive equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments, e.g. Filters, Multiplexers, Butler matrices, Switches, Ferrite devices.
- Provide expert technical support to ESA Projects in the area of RF passive equipment and technologies including RF breakdown phenomena i.e. Multipaction and Corona;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Contribute to the definition of technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks;
General tasks to be performed:
- Defining technical requirements for the new developments from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contributing the to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends;
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- University Master’s degree in Physics, Microwave, Telecommunications or Electronics Engineering;
- Several years of experience in the development of RF Passive equipment, components and technologies
- Good understanding of space environment and development constraints of RF equipment and technologies for space applications
- Project support skills and experience in management of R&D activities is considered an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 04/10/2022