We are looking for a Programme Administrator (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
The tasks cover general administrative support to the MetOp Programmes area in the Earth Observation Projects Department,
responsible for the MetOp-SG Second Generation (MetOp-SG), Arctic Weather Satellite (AWS) and Aeolus-2 programmes. The contractor will:
- Support the MetOp Programmes Manager in managing the afore-mentioned programmes;
- Prepare and assist in producing programmatic status reporting, as required;
- Support the development and maintenance of integrated planning of the programmes’ resources and calendars;
- Support the preparation and conduct of internal and external audits;
- Prepare minutes of internal management meetings, integrating various inputs, and maintain consolidated action item lists for the programmes, tracking actions so that they are discharged in coherence with the established procedures;
- Pro-actively manage the internal and external information tools (e.g. SharePoint, web pages, etc.) for the programmes’ internal and external communications, including writing and editing of web pages, letters, etc.;
- Process all incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondence, including use of Documentation Management Systems (DMS), e.g. Eclipse, for registration and distribution;
- Support the team for retrieval of documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via internet, etc.;
- Support the MetOp Programmes Manager and project controllers, as needed, in the preparation and administration of procurement actions;
- Support the configuration management processes within the programmes;
- Act as the focal point for all documentation / administrative tools (e.g. DMS, RID system, action item database, etc.) used in the Programme;
- Coordinate closely with the EUMETSAT administration teams to ensure efficient and timely exchange of information;
- Organise the calendars for the MetOp Programmes Manager and the programmes’ teams;
- Coordinate and organise internal and external meetings and reviews, including room and resource booking;
- Pepare documentation and briefings for meetings, as appropriate;
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the programmes;
- Manage incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Prepare, coordinate and organise the travel requirements and and mission claims of the programmes’ teams.;
- Manage the timely ordering of office supplies.
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- A university degree (Bachelor) or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in administrative support, or other relevant experience, is required.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, e.g. communicating and interacting with individuals at all levels, and the capability of identifying priorities and handling high workload with a proactive approach to problem solving, are required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, as well as initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment, are required.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule is required.
- An open multi-cultural attitude, while caring for accuracy on the job and trustworthiness, is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and video-conferencing / tele-working tools is also required, with the ability and interest to learn other applications and tools.
- Experience in an international organisation or multi-cultural working environment will be a key asset.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes and experience with SAP and with ISO9001 certification projects is an asset.
- Fluency in the English language, spoken and written, as well as knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14/06/2021