We are looking for a Programme / Project Controller (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
The post holder will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office.
The post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) supporting the Technology Programme Office, with the following specific tasks:
- Assist the BCAM in implementing a pro-active control function, through:
o Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans.
o Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes.
o Coordinating internal resources and activities.
o Interfacing with line management and stake holders .
o Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary.
- Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis.
- Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers.
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes, methods and tools.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master degree in Business Adminitration or equivalent and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools.
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency's practices and processes would be a distinct advantage.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24/09/2020