We are looking for a Programme / Project Controller (M3) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
The post holder will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office.
The post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) supporting the Technology Programme Office, with the following specific tasks:
- Assist the BCAM in implementing a pro-active control function, through:
o Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans
o Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes
o Coordinating internal resources and activities
o Interfacing with line management and stakeholders
o Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary
- Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis
- Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes, methods and tools.
General tasks to be performed:
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
o Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
o Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
o Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
o Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
o Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
o Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
o Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
o Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
o Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
o Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
o Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
o Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
o Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
o Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
o Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
o Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
o Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
o Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases
- In the field of programme industrial return
o Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
o Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
o Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation.
o Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process
Modis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Modis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience, such as project controller, required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency's practices and processes would be a distinct advantage.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18/08/2022