We are looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant (M1 – 32 hours per week) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
The work package covers the provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA.
It includes the following general tasks common to all three teams (Quality, Dependability and Product Assurance):
- Day-to-day support to the Head of Division and Division’s personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, and coordination of training.
- Provision of logistic support to all the Divisions, in particular for arrivals of personnel (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) and for the organisation of on-site and off-site working.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Division.
- Maintaining and following up on actions lists and taking minutes of coordination meetings and others upon request.
- Support to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Participation in the preparation and publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading
General tasks to be performed:
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining document libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, and issue information notes to concerned users.
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language (in particular French and Dutch) is considered an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Office 365).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly organised, tactful, autonomous, flexibility, team spirit and discretion are a must.
- Several years of experience in supporting relatively large teams is considered an asset
- Demonstrated interest in experimenting with new IT tools is considered a valuable asset.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is considered an asset.
- Familiar with SharePoint and Eclipse systems
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/08/2023