We are looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant (M1) to join our Akkodis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Analysing incoming emails and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the Department Head. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches Department Head to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions.
- Planning/coordinating the Department Head agenda, commitments, and meetings, organizing the missions and associated claims and keeping the Department Head informed on all issues of concern.
- Supporting the Department Head (and Department Administrator) in the preparation and follow up of routine administrative matters such as:
o Collect and consolidate responses to calls/campaigns for all Trainees and maintain overview lists.
o Collect and consolidate senior management inputs to corporate requests, Bilateral meetings, etc., and relevant publications.
o Coordinate the accommodation requirements of the Department.
o Collect and consolidate the yearly Conference and External Training requirements for the Department.
o Maintain the Department organisation chart.
o Coordinate interview requests for the Projects.
o Support to the Project Review Process as required.
o Coordinating actions with other assistants of the Department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate.
o Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Department in liaison with the Project Controller, including preparation of requirements.
o Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures) before submission to Department Head for approval.
General tasks to be performed:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
Akkodis has proudly supported the Aerospace & Defence industry in the Netherlands for decades. Our partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) has been one of the many success stories allowing our people to expand their career horizons. Akkodis experts are contributing to some of the most important technical advances in Aerospace and Defence which impact the way we live our lives today, through specialised engineering expertise and other required skillsets. This could be your future. Become part of our successful team!
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries.
The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), has grown into ESA’s largest establishment and the technical and organizational hub of Europe’s space sector. Missions designed and tested at ESTEC are circling Earth, have landed on planetary bodies and have probed far into the Solar System.
The infrastructure and equipment assembled here, together with the expert knowhow of its 2800 personnel, make ESTEC a unique resource for Europe. The work done here by teams skilled in every aspect of engineering for space has enabled the creation of novel communication, navigation and information services, creating new jobs and growth while improving the lives of European and world citizens.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- A solid and multiple years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly organised, tactful, autonomous, flexibility, team spirit and discretion are a must.
- Highly proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Office 365).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is an asset.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 30/01/2023